Saturday, April 29, 2017
Check-in at 8am in Miller Plaza, 850 Market Street. All downtown districts and many surrounding neighborhoods like Hill City, Glenwood and Highland Park are targeted for Clean and Green efforts.
At check-in, you’ll receive supplies, your assigned cleaning area, a complimentary breakfast and volunteer freebies. All we need you to bring is the manpower.
Anyone! From large companies to individuals, families with young children to college students, we’ll find a place and tasks for everyone. Sign up as an individual or gather a team.
Since 2011, over 3,900 volunteers have made Clean and Green a huge success. And we know that beautification efforts like Clean and Green create a higher quality of life by attracting visitors, residents, reducing crime, encouraging new businesses and instilling pride in the city we all call home.Results to Date
6,400 bags of trash have been collected; graffiti has been removed from over 110 buildings and monuments; 55 city blocks and multiple neighborhoods have been cleaned 8 times; downtown greenery has been added; and problems with city infrastructure like vandalism, potholes and damaged bus stops have been reported.
- Landscaping projects at Normal Park Museum Magnet
- Raised garden planting and art projects at the Hart Gallery
- Raised garden planting and playground cleanup at Little Miss Mag early Learning Center
- A playground cleanup at Siskin Children’s Institute
- A community mural and raised garden bed planting at the Downtown YMCA
- Downtown tree bed mulching and pressure washing
- Painting of a pavilion at Ted Bryant Sr. Park